Frequently Asked Questions

Q: If I switch energy suppliers, will my service reliability be affected?
A: No. Services provided by Energy Marketers differ only by price and other contract features and the electricity or natural gas will continue to come to your home or business, through the same network of wires or pipes, no matter who you choose as an energy retailer. By law, the local utility company is not allowed to provide different care levels to customers who have chosen an alternate supplier. You will continue to receive the same level of delivery quality, emergency response and meter reading from your current local utility. If, for some reason, an Energy Marketer decided to abruptly end its services, then that company's customers would automatically be enrolled with the regulated rate provider.

Q: Are there any fees to enrol?
A: There are no enrolment fees to choose us as your Energy Marketer.


Q: Do you offer different payment options?
A: Pre-authorized debit from a checking account is our preferred method of payment. We do also offer Credit Card Payment.


Q: Can I change my Payment Due Date?
A: Our payment due dates are based on when your meter is read by the distribution company. The meter readings and consumption information is sent to us electronically and bills are produced with a payment date seven days after the billing date. If you require a temporary change, our customer care team would be happy to accommodate As long as the payment has not yet been processed.


Q: What If I have a Micro-generation Site?
A: Electricity exported to the grid by Small Micro-Generators (MG), as defined under the provisions of the Province of Alberta, Electric Utilities Act, Micro-Generation Regulation, is calculated based on meter read information provided by your distribution company. The exported electricity meter data is processed on a monthly basis and will be included as a 'MG Credit' on your bill. The credit will be calculated using the fixed or variable rate chosen by the customer for their imported energy.


Q: Who do I call if the power goes out or if there is a gas leak or other Emergency?
A: If you have a power outage or other energy related emergency, please call the local utility company for your area (ATCO Electric, ENMAX, EPCOR, FORTIS Alberta, ATCO Gas, etc.). Contact numbers for the utility company may also be found on your current bill.


Q: How do I know that my personal information is secure?
A: We are very concerned about the security and confidentiality of your personal information. Each account is secured by a unique combination or User ID and password and all systems and data are stored in a secure, fully redundant data center that is monitored 24/7.